- Season beef Chuck Roast cubes with salt and black pepper to taste. Heat oil in a large stockpot over high heat. Sear cubes until brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove cubes from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium; add onions, mushrooms, and garlic to the pot and cook until lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour beer into the pot and stir, scraping up and dissolving any browned bits of food into the liquid. Stir in tomato paste, thyme, turnips, parsnips, potatoes, salt and pepper. Add back in beef cubes and add enough beef broth to cover all ingredients, about 3 cups.
- Bring stew to a gentle simmer, stirring to combine; reduce heat to low and cover pot. Simmer stew until beef is fork-tender, about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover and raise heat to medium-high. Bring stew to a low boil and cook until stew has slightly thickened, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 469 Calories; 162 kcal Calories from fat; 18 g Total Fat; 6.4 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 1.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 7.6 g Monounsaturated Fat; 125 mg Cholesterol; 833 mg Sodium; 29.5 g Total Carbohydrate; 4.6 g Dietary Fiber; 6.6 g Total Sugars; 43 g Protein; 63 mg Calcium; 6.4 mg Iron; 1110 mg Potassium; 0.3 mcg Vitamin D; 0.6 mg Riboflavin; 11 mg NE Niacin; 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg Vitamin B12; 413 mg Phosphorus; 13 mg Zinc; 37.4 mcg Selenium; 168.5 mg Choline;