- 2 pounds lean Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounce) diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add oil. Lower heat to medium; add onion, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper stirring occasionally until tender, approximately 4 – 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Increase heat to medium-high and add Ground Beef. Break it up with a wooden spoon and stir gently until browned, about 7 minutes.
Add chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, black pepper and salt; cook 1 minute.
Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes & green chilies, and beer; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 30 minutes. Add shredded cheese. Serve with your favorite toppings.