1. Research shows eating lean beef can help lower cholesterol levels as part of a heart-healthy diet and lifestyle.
In a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers from Penn State University found that people who participated in the Beef in an Optimal Lean Diet (BOLD) study, consuming lean beef daily as part of a heart-healthy diet, experienced a 10 percent decline in LDL “bad” cholesterol.
Why is this AWESOME? Opting for a serving of lean beef every day can easily fit into a heart-healthy diet.
2. Many of your favorite beef cuts are lean.
So, if you haven’t already, check out some of the most popular lean beef cuts like Strip Steak, T-Bone, and Tenderloin Steak. You’re probably already cooking a lean cut at home or choosing it when dining out!
Now you know!
3. Beef gives your body more of the nutrients you need.
Besides just tasting great, the nutrients in lean beef, such as protein, iron and B-vitamins can help satisfy you and maintain a healthy weight, build muscles and fuel a healthy and active lifestyle. Oh, how could we forget?! Research suggests that eating lean beef can also improve cholesterol levels! Kind of a big deal.
4. Lean beef has…
- Nearly half of the daily value for protein
- Less than 10 grams of fat
- 4.5 grams or less of saturated fat
- Less than 95 mg of cholesterol
Based on a 3 oz. serving*
5. Beef gives you fuel for the finish.